Do you want to add some beauty and tranquility to your backyard? A pondless waterfall may be just what you are looking for! In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss everything you need to know about pondless waterfalls.
We will also provide tips on installation and maintenance. So if you’re considering adding a pondless waterfall to your property, read on!
What Is A Pondless Waterfall?
Pondless waterfalls are, as the name suggests, waterfalls without ponds. They are a popular choice for many homeowners because they are relatively easy to install and maintain.
In addition, pondless waterfall designs work by recirculating water from a hidden reservoir back to the top of the waterfall. And this creates the illusion of a never-ending waterfall!
How Are Pondless Waterfalls Built?
Pondless waterfalls are built using a few key components:
A hidden reservoir is typically made of aquablox and a pump vault. It holds the water that will be recirculated back to the waterfall.
A pump: The pump is used to circulate the water from the reservoir back to the top of the waterfall.
An overflow system is necessary to prevent your pondless waterfall from flooding your property. It allows excess water to drain away safely.
Now that we understand how pondless waterfalls work let’s talk about installation!
Pondless Waterfall Installation
The waterfall installation process is simple, but easy to follow:
- Line up your aquablox and spraypaint around them for excavation, then dig
- And then line the hole with underlayment and pond liner
- Add in your aquablox and pump vault, making sure to excavate a bit lower for your pump vault
- Next, use the excavation from the reservoir to build your berm for the stream
- Build the stream and waterfall using rocks and gravel
- Lastly, connect a pump to the waterfall to circulate the water.
Moreover, it’s always best to leave it to professional waterfall contractors who will correctly install your waterfall. Check out this link to watch a pondless waterfall build on youtube:
What Are The Benefits Of Pondless Waterfalls?
Pondless waterfalls offer many benefits, including:
- Relatively easy to install and maintain.
- Great way to add beauty and tranquility to your backyard.
- Perfect for small spaces since they don’t require a pond.
- Safe for children and pets since there is no pond to fall into.
Lastly, now that you know all about pondless waterfall ideas, we hope you will consider adding one to your property! They are a great way to enhance your outdoor space and create a relaxing oasis in your backyard.
Want A Pondless Waterfall? Water You Waiting For?
Pondless waterfalls are an effective way to improve your landscape. At Seeds of Nature Watergardens, we can make your pondless waterfall dreams come to life. We specialize in installing Pondless Waterfalls and can help you choose the perfect one for your home. Contact us now to get started.